Deaf athlete placed 14th for men's hammer throw at national sports event in Chiba Prefecture

The annual National Sports Festival was held in Chiba Prefecture on September 25- October 5.

Masatoshi Morimoto (25) from Shiga Prefecture was placed 14th for the men's hammer throwing. The Deaf hammer thrower was a gold medalist at the "Deaflympic Games" in Taiwan last year with the world record of 61.08m.

He started playing sports at the Shiga Prefectural Oral School for the Deaf, and has participated in the inter-high school competition.

He record was 58.82m at the National Sports Festival. He said, "I tried my best as a normal athlete as possible. I have been in the quiet mountain and my reaction seemed delayed, but I indeed enjoyed the hammer throw".

The annual National Sports Festival for Persons with Disabilities will take place on October 23-25 in Chiba City.

No comments: