Deaf high school student to compete for javelin throw at regional athletic meet

Miki Tokunaga won the third place for a javelin throw
at the prefecture high school sports meet.
(photo: http://www.the-miyanichi.co.jp/contents/index.php?itemid=27676&catid=6&blogid=2)


Miki Tokunaga (17), a high school student of the Miyakoshiro Sakura Support School for the Deaf and a good javelin thrower, will be the first Deaf athlete in the Miyazaki Prefecture to compete in the Southern Kyushu High School Track and Field Meet, scheduled for June 17 in Okinawa Prefecture.

She marked 37 meters at the prefecture high school athletic meet on May 31st and won the third place in a javelin throw, eligible for the Southern Kyushu High School Track and Field Meet.

Miki said, "I was worried about the form against the wind, so I was disordered. I felt bad because I did not win." She has worked hard on practice.

Miki says, "I would like to throw as far as 40 meters, better than my best record (37 meters and 41 cm). I won't give up. I will try my best." She wants to finish in any of the 6 places at the National High School Athletic Games this summer.

No comments: