Hearing dog working for Deaf beauty parlor owner in Nagasaki

The hearing dog named "Take" in Omura City, Nagasaki Prefecture was for the first time welcomed in Kyushu, the southern island of Japan.

He takes an active role as his master's "ear" in the beauty parlor "Hair Salon Teru" owened by Tsutomu Miyamoto (50).

Take, a male crossbreed dog, was born in 2006. He had a basic training such as following orders by sitting down or laying down, and later he was trained as a hearing dog at the end of 2008.

He was trained to walk into in public facilities and the commercial establishment, to touch the dog owner when something sounds.

Take took the qualifying examination as the assistance dog required by law in April, 2009, and passed successfully.

Miyamoto said, "Take and I didn't get along well at first. It took a few months to get used to each other.

Currently we are excellently doing. Take is liked as a mascot in my shop.

I would like people to know a hearing dog is needed for the Deaf".


Source in Japanese:
http://www.nagasaki-np.co.jp/kiji2/2009051301.shtml

2 comments:

bgmaron8 said...

I personally disagreed. in US, I am so embarrassed if I see hearing dog for the deaf. It is total unnecessary. I born deaf and grew up with hearing world then why need hearing dog for the deaf? Give me a break

Deaf Japan News said...

A hearing dog is to tell a deaf person where the sound comes from. Some deaf persons like to keep a hearing dog as their companion, too. Whether the hearing dog is needed or not is optional, you know.