Deaf individuals in Gaza receive food provided by Japanese NGO

Awaiting the food service by Japanese NGO
(photo: http://mainichi.jp/select/world/news/)


In Gaza Strip, a Palestinian self-ruled town, goods have been insufficient because of the attack and the boundary blockage by Israel.

A non-governmental organization (NGO), called "The Campaign for The Palestine Children" which is located in Toshima Ward, Tokyo in Japan, distributed food in Gaza on February 28, 2009. The citizens who suffered from the food sudden rise formed a long queue.

The Campaign bought vegetable and eggs from the farmers who were not able to sell these outside of the Gaza Strip because of the boundary blockage. The Campaign distributed these to families having deaf dependants besides homes who lost the father as a breadwinner.

One of the deaf persons, aged 33, said in sign language while queuing up in the row of the distribution. "Especially, the egg is awfully so costly that I was not able to let my children eat it for a long time. I want to return to the house and to make delicious meal for them." He expressed happiness about this food service.


Source in Japanese:
http://mainichi.jp/select/world/news/20090302k0000m030032000c.html

2 comments:

RLM said...

Thanks for sharing the Japanese humanitarian news helping several deaf Palestinans in the line.

I met one of the gay 20s Muslim last night at the Starbuck. He was very upset about losing his three-years boyfriend (male lover).

I always have feelings for both Palestinans and Israelis which they engaged in mindless fightings for no real good reason. Smile!

*bowing head*

Robert L. Mason
RLMDEAF blog

Aji said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Kaylee

http://www.craigslistsimplified.info