11th annual conference on Japanese Deaf history to be held in Kobe City in November

The Japanese Deaf History Society will hold the 11th Japanese Deaf History Conference in Kobe City in Hyogo Prefecture, near Osaka which is the second largest city in Japan, on November 1, 2008, 12:30-20:40.

The Society aims to research untold parts of the Deaf history in Japan, to promote researches on Deaf history, to offer a place of the information exchange, and to contribute to the society.

Presentations will be planned as follows:

1. On Deaf factory workers in Amagasaki City in Hyoko Prefecture during the WWII

2. Review on the record by the principal of a private school for the deaf and blind regarding his visit to the Kyoto Prefectural School for the Deaf and Blind, the first school for the deaf in Japan

3. About Naganobu "Dummy" Takahashi, a Deaf sword craftman during the samurai time

4. On life of Kichinosuke Nishikawa, first principal of Shiga Prefectural Oral School based on documents

5. History of the education for children with disabilities and concerned persons in Nara Prefecture

6. Memo related to Prince Takeru who was known as deaf and mute in ancient time

7. On 14 deaf professional baseball players in MLB in the past

8. Investigation on the bronze statues of de l'Epée and others

9. Summary: Deaf History of Hyogo Prefecture

4 comments:

ck said...

I must tell you that I found some of your post very informative. This one, probably the most.

I am delighted I can follow happenings with deaf communities around the world much more through blogs like yours.

I am especially interested in deaf people in ancient and medieval times in Japan because it do help me mold and expand my mythology!

Much appreciation in your efforts in keeping on posting from Nippon, thanks!

RLM said...

Deaf Japan News and Japanese Deaf Historical Society,

Real COOL (awesome)!

I am very delighted to see more and more deaf foreigners taking up interests in their own deaf history.

I like to make some English language corrections to help you polish up your English writing skills more better and successful.

The term use for history with the Japanese Deaf History Society. The correct word is historical, not history. Historical is an adjective word.

I know, know, know how weird of the English language!! That often does not make any sense!

Another English language correction - the term of samuari crafman. The correct spelling is craftman (just add "t" to crafman). Okay?

Your English language skill really impressed me. I am much aware of many Japanense people being fluent in English language than Americans themselves.

I ever do not know any Japanese language. Shame on me!

Real interesting about 14 deaf Japanese baseball players!

I recently met several deaf Japanese people in Washington, DC last weekend. I always love Japan and its people!

When I was a kid myself. I always rooted for Godzilla over King Kong. I always love silly science fiction Japanese films of the 60s and 70s. "Ultraman" and "Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot" television shows, too!

I love Japanese magnas, too!

Bowing head in respect,
Robert L. Mason
Deaf American

Deaf Japan News said...

Thank you for the comment. You are right and I need to refine my English. While I work on the English version for this blog, how often I wish some help. But this truly gives me a chance to improve English, too. So I will try to do my best. Appreciating your advice, I have just corrected the errors.

RLM said...

Deaf Japan News,

You are very welcome! Ever the deaf Americans and myself still not have the perfect English writing skills.

Hearing Americans also have fair English writing skills. Many deaf Americans could be better than hearing Americans. :)

RLM